– The longer you wait between carpet cleaning, the better. Wrong. Dirt is like sandpaper. It damages your carpet. The more often you have your carpets cleaned, the longer they will last. Industry standards recommend that you clean your carpets every 6 to 18 months, depending on your lifestyle.
– It makes no difference which method of cleaning you choose. Wrong. You have several choices: Bonnet, Dry Foam, Dry Compound and Hot-Water Extraction. All, except hot-water extraction, are considered interim maintenance cleaning systems by most cleaning professionals, Fiber Producers, and Carpet Manufacturers. And, all methods can leave a lasting detergent residue, but only the truck-mounted, hot-water extraction (steam cleaning) can employ a rinse step to leave your carpet as residue free as possible. Independent research indicates that truck-mounted, hot-water extraction provides the best capability for restoration cleaning.
– All a company needs to clean carpets correctly is the right equipment. Wrong. Many cleaning companies own professional carpet cleaning systems, but they don’t teach their technicians the proper ways to use them. Make sure the cleaning company you choose has technicians who are trained by IICRC certified carpet cleaning instructors.
– You should hire the company that quotes you the lowest price. Usually not. Some carpet cleaning companies offer a low price to persuade you to call, but then add on services you thought were included in the price. It would be like a car dealer quoting you a price for a new car and then telling you the steering wheel and windshield are extra.
– Carpet cleaners don’t provide references. Wrong. Carpet cleaners provide customer references all the time. If the cleaner you’re considering won’t provide references, you know the cleaner 1 – is new in the business and doesn’t have references, 2 – is dishonest and doesn’t have good references, or 3 – does poor work and will never warrant a favorable recommendation. Ask for a reference from a recent cleaning job in your neighborhood! Your carpeting isn’t just floor covering. It’s a long term investment in comfort, style, and durability. Don’t let dirty carpets create an unhealthy atmosphere in your home or office. Call a professional carpet cleaner today that meets the above criteria, and you’ll be assured that you have obtained the highest level of knowledge, skill, judgment, and experience.